What is a Mantra? The word mantra comes from man + tra which means “protection of mind.” Mantra is something which protects our mind.
The Physics of Mantra: Mantrās are sound vibrations of a certain frequency. Therefore, only the correct pronunciation will bring the maximum of the desired effect. And since it is almost impossible to figure out the exact pronunciation by reading an English transliteration, through these sessions you will learn to pronounce any mantrā perfectly by reading it straight in Devanāgari (Sanskrit) alphabet.
Effectiveness of a mantra depends on the level of spiritual development of the person. If you are enlightened, you do not need a mantra. Every single syllable coming out of your mouth becomes a mantra. But at the same time, however imperfect we are, chanting mantra itself, helps raise our consciousness. So, the more we recite, the more we increase the effectiveness and potency and power of our mantras.
Skype Sessions: Starting June 6, 2016, I will offer a series of 30 to 45 minute online sessions starting at 5:00 pm PDT where we will practice correctly pronouncing Vedic mantras. You will learn reading mantras in Devanāgari, the original alphabet. I will go one letter at a time. These sessions are free. To join, simply click on https://zoom.us/j/5747235587 and join the meeting after downloading zoom application.
- Session #1: June 6, 2016 (Monday) 5 pm Pacific time – Ganesh Mantra for all Beginnings
- Session #2: June 13, 2016 (Monday) 5 pm Pacific time – Gayatri Mantra for Wisdom. Recording of this class: here.
- Session #3: June 20, 2016 (Monday) 5 pm Pacific time – Mahamrityunjaya Mantra for Health and Healing. Recording of the Class: here.
- Session #4: June 27, 2016 (Monday) 5 pm Pacific time – Morning Prayer to Lakshmi, Saraswati and Vishnu.
- Session #5: July 5, 2016 (Tuesday) 5 pm Pacific time – Mantra before Taking Food